We respectfully ask that our guests follow the simple rules below to ensure a pleasant and harmonious stay.
Abide by the Five Precepts:
- Respect all life: do not intentionally kill any living being, even small insects.
- Respect others property: do not steal or take anything not freely given.
- Be honest and straightforward: do not lie or intentionally deceive others.
- No sexual misconduct.
- Be mindful: no intoxicants such as alcohol, drugs and cigarettes on monastery grounds
Respect the monks and their vows.
Monks live in their vows and follow a strict discipline of studies and practice, or work. Please respect this. There is plenty of free time for you to interact and socialize with the monks, both young and senior monks, but please be aware of when they are busy or in classes.
Be mindful of your behavior and your speech
Try to be polite, quiet, and mindful of other needs.
We request that you wear non-revealing, modest clothing while staying at the monastery. Long or short sleeve shirts covering the upper body and shoulders, and pants, long shorts, or dresses, that are roughly knee length, are appropriate.
We respectfully ask that you do not wear attire that is see-through, skin tight and/or with obscene language and inappropriate messages. For women, please no spaghetti straps, shoulder free dresses, miniskirts, tights or low cut trousers. For men, please no singlet, tight short shorts, or low cut pants.
Families with children:
Families with children are welcome. Unaccompanied young adults are welcome from 18 years onwards with written permission and recommendation from the parents or guardians.
We also recommend:
In the Prayer Hall, you must remove your shoes.
- Do not bring any animals with you .Please do not bring your pets, or stray dogs or cats to the monastery. We will not be able to accommodate them. The monastery has its own dogs to care for.
- Do not play music anywhere if you are listening to teachings or music, please use earphones.
If you are staying at the monastery our gate opens at 5am and is locked at 9:30pm. Please inform someone if you think you will be out later than 9:30pm.